This Daniel Fast food list is for those who are participating in a fast and would like to omit the same foods Daniel abstained from during his time of fasting. Below is a selection of foods you can base your diet around during the next 21 days.
2020 VISION Challenge – Gain clarity and biblical guidance for the new year in this 21 day challenge. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Any fresh, frozen, dried, or canned fruits which have no added sugars.
- Fresh, frozen, dried, or canned vegetables.
- Veggie burgers (optional)
- Brown Rice
- Steel-cut oats
- Natural rice cakes
- Natural popcorn
- Any nuts and seeds with no sugars added
- Natural nut butters with no added sugars
- Any canned or dried beans
- Olive, canola, peanut, sesame, or grape-seed oil
- Herbs and spices
- Unsweetened almond, rice, or soy milk
- Spring water/bottled water
**Read food labels on all prepackaged products you use. Avoid those with artificial flavors, additives, and preservatives. **
SAMPLE MENU PLANNER
- Fruit Smoothie
- Steel-cut oats
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Raw vegetable salad flavored with Oil/Vinegar Dressing
- Sliced Fruit
- Selection of nuts
- Bowl of Legume soup
- Vegetable soups and stews
- Selection of cooked vegetables or stir-fry
- Brown rice
- Veggie burger (Optional)
- Rice cakes with nut butters
- A piece of fruit
- Dried fruits
CLICK HERE to download or print PDF copy of this Daniel Fast Food List
*** This sample meal planner holds numerous options for variety! Change up the fruits used in your smoothies, vary the legumes used to make your soup, and combine different vegetables in your soup and stir-fry. Purpose in your heart to use this time to be creative and to try new things. Enjoy the wide selection of choices available to you. ***
For more help with fasting, CLICK HERE to sign up to get a free copy of my eBook Fasting For Breakthrough, Healing, and Restoration delivered to your inbox.
Saundra Dalton-Smith is an internal medicine physician, author, speaker, and hope activist. She shares with audiences nationwide on the topics of eliminating limiting emotions, finding a health work-rest ratio, and living life to the fullest. Her books include Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity (2017), Come Empty: Healing For Every Place Life’s Hurt You (2014), and Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves (2011).