God wants all of us. He desires every hidden part of us, every treasure we have found, and every pain we would rather forget. But at times we come before him with clinched fists, holding tightly to his promises. Sometimes we are holding so tight to the promise that we miss His embrace.
How much of your heart, soul, and mind have you given to him? And, how much are you holding back?
What Does Surrendering All Look Like
- Acknowledging that God is sovereign
- Cease fighting to have your way
- Letting go of your need to control the outcome
- Resting in the knowledge of the goodness of God
- Decreasing so God can increase in your life
For the next 21 day we will focus our prayers and attention to surrendering the areas of our life we have been afraid to let go of.
Each day on the I Choose My Best Life Facebook Page you will find the following:
- MORNING PRAYER – Daily prayer to start your day
- SURRENDER FOCUS QUESTION – Daily introspective question to help guide your time of fasting and surrender
- ENCOURAGEMENT – Daily posts including scriptures and quotes
- FASTING RESOURCES – Updates on the I Surrender All Fast including prayer times with phone numbers, suggested recipes, and more.
Visit the group page daily during the fast (Click Here).
The Surrender Fast posts will also be tagged #SURRENDER2014 so you can click on this tag at any time to see all the posts related to the fast. Comment if you would like on the posts, but the most important conversation you can have during this time is with the Lord.
Join the mailing list to make sure you don’t miss out on anything. CLICK HERE
General Fasting Guidelines:
1. Omit a food or beverage that is important to you and usually brings you a sense of pleasure. Fasting is a sacrifice. You give up something tangible in the expectation of being rewarded with God’s presence and all he possesses.
2. Pray during those times when your tummy growls, when your boss brings in donuts for everyone, when your body craves what you mind has decided to say no to. Make time to pray during the beginning of your day and as you prepare for bed. During this 21 days make prayer your priority.
3. Listen to God for direction and guidance. Listen through active reading of scripture. Listen during times of silence. Some of you may even want to get a special journal for this fast. Write down those things God impresses upon your heart during your time of listening.
Surrender is one of the greatest paradoxes in the Christian walk. Most battles in the natural are won by fighting, but spiritual battles can only be won when we surrender to God.
I pray God will bless you richly as you surrender all to Him.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance[a] upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24-26 ESV
Saundra Dalton-Smith is an internal medicine physician, author, speaker, and hope activist. She shares with audiences nationwide on the topics of eliminating limiting emotions and helps them see their options in life. She is the founder of I Choose My Best Life, a movement to renew hope in a generation where depression, stress, and fear is peaking. Her books include Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves (2011) and Come Empty: Healing For Every Place Life’s Hurt You (2014).